Advanced Process Control & Safety Instrumented Systems for Engineers & Technicians
Learn how the main industrial process equipment are controlled and safely monitored such as reactors, pumps, compressors, furnaces & heat exchangers
Control in process industries refers to the regulation of all aspects of the process. Precise control of level, temperature, pressure and flow is important in many process applications. This course introduces you to advanced control in process industries, explains why control is important and identifies different ways in which precise control is ensured for main process equipment such as reactors, pumps, compressors, fired heaters and heat exchangers just to name a few. The course also introduces you to Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Alarm Systems and Interlocks : their anatomy, their requirement, their functions and how they are represented in engineering drawings such as piping & instrumentation diagrams.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the importance of process control
- Successfully interpret basic & advanced process control schemes
- Understand the different process control options (cascade control, split range control, ratio control, batch control, selective control…)
- Understand the control of pressure in a pipe
- Understand the control of flow in a pipe
- Understand flow merging control
- Understand flow splitting control
- Understand centrifugal pump control systems (discharge throttling, variable speed drive, minimum flow…)
- Understand positive displacement pump control systems (recirculation pipe, variable speed drive, stroke adjustment…)
- Understand compressor control systems (capacity control, variable speed drive, anti-surge…)
- Understand heat exchanger control systems (direct control, bypass control, back pressure control…)
- Understand reactor temperature control systems
- Understand fired heater control systems
- Understand container and vessel control systems
- Understand electric motor control systems (ON / OFF actions)
- Know and understand the concept of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Know and understand the concept of Alarm Systems
- Identify safe operating limits based on system designs
- Know and understand Fire and Gas Detection Systems (FGS)
Some engineering or field knowledge is preferable but not mandatory. All the concepts are explained in depth using an easy to understand language to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- All personnel involved in calculation, design, selection, manufacturing, safety, quality and maintenance of systems and equipment in industrial processes
- Plant Operators and engineers in the Process and Power Plant Industries as well as Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Process control engineers & technicians
- Instrumentation engineers & technicians
- Design engineers & technicians
- Piping engineers & technicians
- Maintenance engineers & technicians
- Instructional designers and those involved in writing manuals and operational procedures
- Security, Safety and Environment Officers (SSHE)
ADVANCED PROCESS CONTROL FOR THE PRACTICING ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS
WR Training is a group of professional engineers from various disciplines (chemical, petrochemical, mechanical, electrical…) providing academic and industrial online courses.
Whether you’re trying to learn and discover a new scientific or engineering topic from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learnt in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
WR Training exists to help you succeedin your academic and professional life. Our goal is to spread the knowledge and promote science.
The courses, you are about to enroll in, were undertaken to give you a clear view of scientific and engineering topics through detailed examples using hands on demo and provide numerous problems with their solutions. You can also use these courses as a review for taking exams or as a vehicle for self-instruction.
Our training methodology was designed to enable individual self paced e-learning.
Each course has been undertaken to teach a specific skill.
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are.
Each of our courses has a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check it out, make sure it’s the right course for you, and get a refund if it’s not.
We are active online instructors and we will be here for you every step of the way. If you have questions about the course content, you can always post your questions or send us a private message. It will be our pleasure to provide assistance and answer your questions.
So with no further ado, go ahead, select the course suitable for you, click the enroll button and we'll see you in the first section !
Spread the wings of your knowledge
I'm very happy to get this course, the explanation is clear, simple and useful.
Qassim Hameed Beshara
very systematic information escalating in organize way.
Brilliant, highly informative course explained in exquisite details
Advanced process control for engineers & technicia
Learn how the main industrial process equipment are controlled and safely monitored such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers...