Designed around a series of practical examples which we work through to a solution, this valuable online course is an essential guide to understanding the valve sizing procedure. This understanding is a prerequisite for the successful operation of your plant and piping system.
In this course, we will present a step-by-step sizing methodology. We will show you how to proceed in the sizing of a valve in daily practice, how to determine the flow coefficient (Cv) when selecting a control valve size, how to predict the maximum flow rate that a selected valve will pass or how to determine the pressure differential that a selected valve will exhibit, just to name a few...
You will learn from our industrial experience what we wrongly calculated during project startup, debottlenecking, and commissioning. This should undoubtedly help you minimize the mistakes in the sizing and selection of your valves.
Included in this course is access to a valuable Valve Sizing Excel Spreadsheet. This tool will help you perform all the calculations we will discuss further in the course. It has all the sizing equations, numerical constants, and other parameters built right in.
The Valve Sizing Excel Spreadsheet provides well-organized technical data in the form of spreadsheet calculations indispensable for anyone involved in the sizing of valves. It presents formulae and data for:
- Valve flow coefficients Cv
- Flow of fluids through valves
- Pressure drop through valves and attached fittings
- Valve Reynolds Number calculations
- Predicting maximum flow through valves in choked conditions
- Representative values of valve capacity factors
- And much more...
The spreadsheet includes two worksheets:
- Sizing for liquids (incompressible fluids)
- Non vaporizing flow conditions
- Choked flow conditions
- Sizing for vapors and gases (compressible fluids)
So as you can see here, detailed technical descriptions and basic step-by-step instructions will be provided to you along with practice sessions, a valuable Valve Sizing Spreadsheet, and numerous downloadable resources to emphasize the key learning points.
IMPORTANT NOTES: VALVE SIZING SPREADSHEET
- We assume that Microsoft Excel is installed on your computer and that you have basic knowledge of using Excel.
- This Valve Sizing Excel Spreadsheet includes Visual Basic for Application function subroutines (VBA). Macros must be enabled for them to work.
The Valve Sizing Excel Spreadsheet is provided by WR Training "as is," and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed. In no event shall the Copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services, loss of use, data, or profits, or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this spreadsheet, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Be more innovative in your solutions to valve and control valve problems
- Have an organized approach to the procedure of valve sizing in accordance with the ANSI & ISA recommendations
- Be able to size valves for any flow conditions likely to be found in a process plant
- Have a general notion about the confidence to be placed in the sizing result conclusions
- Download our valuable Valve Sizing Excel Spreadsheet
So with no further ado, check out the free preview videos and the course curriculum, and we look forward to seeing you in the first section.
Spread the wings of your knowledge