Centrifugal compressors of various designs and applications are encountered nowadays throughout refining, petrochemical and process industries as well as in power generation and environmental engineering.
These dynamic machines are highly sensitive to the gas operating conditions at their inlet. Operating parameters such as pressure, temperature, compressibility, molecular weight and specific heat ratio of the gas as well as the compressor's rotational speed strongly affect the performance of these machines.
This training course will show you how to use the performance curves and a set of equations to calculate the effects of changes in these operating parameters. This will give you the necessary tools and place you in a better position to understand, evaluate and predict your compressor performance and behavior for a successful operation of your plant and piping system.
The training course is designed around a series of practical examples which we work through to a solution to reinforce your understanding of this complex topic.
Also included in this training course an amazing Excel Workbook : Centrifugal Compressor Performance Excel Workbook
This workbook provides qualitative and quick comparisons and application notes for centrifugal compressors. It describes calculations and procedures to predict performance characteristics, especially head, discharge pressure and power.
This amazing Excel workbook presents formulas and data for :
- General centrifugal compressor calculations
- Assessing the effect of one inlet condition change on compressor performance
- Assessing the effect of multiple inlet condition changes on compressor performance
- Assessing the effect of system resistance on compressor performance
- Adjusting centrifugal compressor rated performance curve to actual inlet conditions
- Useful Fan-Law relationships
- Valuable charts and diagrams for centrifugal compressors
- Conversion tables
This Excel workbook includes Visual Basic for Application function subroutines. Macros must be enabled for them to work
-------------------------------------------------------------------INSTRUCTION TO DOWNLOAD THE CENTRIFUGAL COMPRESSOR PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT EXCEL WORKBOOK :
1. Upon enrolling in, expand the last section "DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES"
2. Under the lecture "Download me", click on the folder "Resources" => A list of downloadable files will appear
3. Click on "Centrifugal Compressor Performance Assessment Excel Workbook"
4. A download window will pop-up. Select the location where you want to save the Excel file
5. Once downloaded and saved on your computer, you can start using this amazing fileWR TrainingSpread the wings of your knowledgeDISCLAIMERThis Excel Workbook is provided by WR Training "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the Copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services, loss of use, data, or profits, or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this Excel Workbook, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.