Centrifugal compressors of various designs and applications are encountered nowadays throughout refining, petrochemical, and process industries, as well as in power generation and environmental engineering.
This course is designed to give you a complete understanding of the construction details and function of centrifugal compressors. This understanding is a prerequisite for successful plant operations and piping system operations.
The course includes extensive graphics, cut sections, and 3D animations to give you practical virtual exposure to centrifugal compressors.
The objective of this course is threefold :
- Break down for you all the centrifugal compressors operating principles into easily digestible concepts like compressor head, performance curve, system resistance, surge, stonewall, etc
- Illustrate through 3D animations and cut-sections the main compressor mechanical components like impellers, shafts, bearings, seals, etc
- Provide guidelines and best practices for operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
This course also covers other types of compressors like axial compressors, rotary screw compressors, and reciprocating compressors, just to name a few.
The objective is to observe the similarities in both the performance and mechanical aspects of various types of compressors.
So after enrolling in this course, you will learn valuable information on centrifugal compressors and a great deal on other types of compressors.
So with no further ado, check out the free preview videos and the course curriculum, and we look forward to seeing you in the first section.
- Understand centrifugal compressors working principles for successful operations of your plant and piping system
- Understand centrifugal compressors construction details (impeller, volute, shaft, inlet guide vane, bearings, mechanical seals, etc.)
- Learn how to read and interpret your compressor curves
- Optimize the operation efficiency of your compressors
- Analyze the problems in operation related to bearings, mechanical seals, and flow control
- Apply the best practices and guidelines for maintenance, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
Hope to see you there
Spread the wings of your knowledge